You heard her story, you see her countenance, but you don't know the inner truth. Her views, her say, she limits it all 'cos there's always secrets to life.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Homemade Antipasto Spinach Fettucine

Assalamualaikum.

I started off my day quite late today, as usual. But I make this day another special day for myself. Since I'm in Culinary for my elective, I realize that there's more to just knowing how to make salad and simple dishes. Soooo, I step up my level in cooking and chose to make pasta instead. I already know how to make the tomato-based pasta, fried pasta and fried macaroni, but I've never tried the healthier pasta sauce or do you call it dressing? Then, I got the idea to make use of vinaigrette as my base! Vinaigrette is a mixture of oil and vinegar and sometimes flavored with herbs. So I went to Northpoint to buy my ingredients; Olive Oil and Italian Herbs. Italian Herbs is a mixture of marjoram, basil, red bell peppers, rosemary, oregano, parsley and thyme. It is a suitable herb for pastas and barbequing. So basically those are the ingredients for the base, and if you realize, I didn't mention anything about vinegar. I didn't buy any vinegar cause I thought I would have it at home but to my disappointment, I don't. BUT! Thankfully I bought Tabasco while doing the grocery shopping. So it was kinda a replacement for the vinegar. 

Let's move on to the steps on how to make this delicious pasta. Very easy! Hehs. I know I cheated again! How can I keep making the easiest dishes when I need to learn how to make more complicated one to prepare myself for Culi as well as to be a good wife?! Haha. Okay. Here it is: 

1) Boil water with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2) When bubbles formed, drop the fettuccine in the boiling water. 

3) While waiting for the pasta to cook, we shall make the dressing!
4) Pour about 2 tablespoon of olive oil into a bowl and add the Italian Herbs.

5) Once the herbs have been added, stir it well.

6) Next, add ground black pepper. Quantity depends on how much "kick" you want it to have. At this step, you can also add in crushed chilli flakes to give that additional spice to it.
7) Then add in a pinch of salt. Stir them again. Now, your dressing is done!

8) This step is optional if you do not want to add anything to your pasta.
9) I used steamed vegetables that include broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach and tahu. I also added in prawns since there's no meat in this dish.
10) Your pasta should be cook right now. It will take about 15-20 minutes to cook but if you want it to be softer let it boil longer for about another 5 minutes. But take note, don't boil too long or your fettuccine will break and it won't look nice anymore!

11) Remove the pasta from the boiling water and drained it.
12) Once you've drained the water, stir in the dressing that you've made earlier. Taste it and if there's something missing, that would be salt! 

13) Once done, serve it with Tabasco. You can also add in mozzarella cheese. It's all up to your preference! Enjoy!

Hope you enjoy this simple dish. I did not get any recipe to make this. It's all up to my own preference. That's what I believe. When it comes to food, you are free to your own choices. Customize them to meet your own needs even if you get recipes online or from your mum!

This has been my another greatest achievement. Well, honestly, every single time I managed to make a successful dish or baked something that I never thought I could, it IS in fact my success. But I have not yet meet the greatest of the greatest success. Maybe I will discover this in Culinary soon. Let's just wait and see.

No comments: