You heard her story, you see her countenance, but you don't know the inner truth. Her views, her say, she limits it all 'cos there's always secrets to life.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Words that haunts

It seems like it has been years since I blog. Well, anyway, I'm back, hoping to start afresh. Anyway, I just wanted to post this before anything else. Recently, I've watched Letters to Juliet, and somehow it touched me. Made me tear a few drops near the ending. So here it is, it's a letter that Sophie writes to Claire, who was finding her true love, after 50 years.

Dear Claire,
"what" and "if" are 2 words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side by side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life. What if? I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love then it's never too late. If it was true love then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like, a love to leave loved ones for, a love to cross oceans for, but I'd like to believe, if I ever were to feel it, that I'd have the courage to seize it. I'm sorry Claire, but I hope you will. All my love, Juliet.

I didn't realize how such words can actually have the power to haunt us. It is in fact true. 'Cos all these years I've been haunted by assumptions with the companion of the words "what" and "if". "What if this thing happens..." "What if he/she..." Well, be aware that whatever it is have the courage to face whatever outcomes or whatever actions you are willing to put in. because the result is, you want to satisfy yourself.

No comments: